Welcome to the BLOG.
Fall is approaching and there is much exciting news to share.
For complete details on concerts and other events, visit the CALENDAR.
YOU CAN ALSO POST COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS ON
MY GUESTBOOK below, and join my E-MAIL LIST on the
• CONCERT NEWS •
The summer there were some great performances:
• QUARTETO MODERNO kicked off the BRANFORD JAZZ FESTIVAL (CT) and a repeat performance at the 345 Park Avenue Jazz Series.
• DUO BRASILEIRO (myself and Gustavo Amarante on bass) presented our Brazilian Songbook Program at the OCEANSIDE LIBRARY.
Visit Duo Brasileiro's newly updated page which features SEVERAL LIVE TRACKS from the concert.
NEW COMPOSITIONS for DIÁLOGOS DUO
I have just completed two new multi-movement works for the Duo:
• "Século" (Century) in eight movements
This work is dedicated to my father Gus (1917-1965), commemorating his centennial.
The official premiere will be later next year.
• A Dozen Choro Tributes (Uma Dúzia de Choros-Homenagens)
Each of the twelve pieces pays homage to an iluminary Choro composer/musician whose collective careers span over 125 years:
Anacleto de Medeiros, Ernesto Nazareth, Villa-Lobos, Pixinguinha, Garôto, Luperce Miranda, Jacob do Bandolim, Waldir Azevedo, Radamés Gnattali, Rafael Rabello/Paulo Moura, Guinga and Hermeto Pascoal.
The pieces were inspired and composed within a ten day period– driven by the brilliance of these Brazilian masters. The premiere will be in late spring of next year, and the performance will be recorded for a CD release in the fall.
Our goal is to present this work in a variety of venues, including educational residencies.
Together with the two previous multi-movement works for Diálogos Duo featured on the Duo page, there are now thirty-four pieces in our original repertoire written since the beginning of 2017.
NEW RECORDINGS UPCOMING
• DIÁLOGOS DUO DEBUT CD "Homages to Brazilian Masters" will feature the first two suites I composed for the duo:
Diálogos for Clarinet and Guitar
Diálogos for Bass Clarinet and Guitar and
Choro Branco for Solo Bass Clarinet
Projected release date will be mid-November.
The DIGITAL DOWNLOAD version will be available mid-October, as well as advance purchases on the physical CD.
SPECIAL PROJECTS UPDATE
The program featured works by Jacob, Nazareth, Luperce Miranda, Pixinguinha, Radamés Gnattali, Paulinho da Viola and myself. DOWNLOAD CONCERT PROGRAM NOTES
• NEW YORK JAZZ WORKSHOP: I will be offering LEVEL ONE of my DYNAMIC EAR TRAINING COURSE in five two-hour sessions beginning Saturday September 15. SEE COURSE DESCRIPTION.
• My PRIVATE TEACHING studio continues to be robust, serving a broad community of musicians. In addition to my regular studio students, I've been teaching online to musicians around the world via Skype, FaceTime and What's App.
INFO on DISTANCE LEARNING and BLOCK RATE DISCOUNTS are on my PRIVATE STUDY PAGE.
COMPOSER SCORE EDITIONS
Definitive spiral-bound and PDF editions of my first two DIÁLOGOS DUO works "Diálogos" (for Clarinet and Guitar, Bass Clarinet and Guitar) are now available at the CHAMBER MUSIC STORE.
Visit the CALENDAR and this BLOG frequently for all the latest composer news and performance details.
Thank you very much for your continued interest and support of my work, and if you are not yet on my list to receive periodic e mail announcements, go to my CONTACT PAGE and send a quick message.
POST YOUR COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
IN MY GUESTBOOK BELOW.
If you would like a response and/or
be added to my E MAIL LIST, please
INCLUDE your E MAIL ADDRESS in your message.