WELCOME to the BLOG.
Spring in New York City has (finally) arrived and there is much great news to share.
For complete details on concerts, workshops and other events, visit the CALENDAR.
Read FEATURE in BOSSA MAGAZINE, official online publication of Brazilian Music Foundation (BMF).
The foundation has just named me a "Citizen of Brazilian Music in the U.S."
• PERFORMANCE NEWS •
• April 26 Diálogos Duo presented their first public reading of Richard Boukas's newest work, "A Dozen Choro Tributes". Held at New School for Performing Arts, clips from the performance are available on the site and social media (Youtube, Instagram).
The official premiere of the new work will be Friday November 8 at Tenri Institute, presented by the New York City Classical Guitar Society (NYCCGS) as part of its Salon Series.
On November 7, The Duo will present a preview of the concert at NYCCGS monthly meeting.
• International Clarinet Association (ICA) 2019 Convention, July 24, Knoxville, Tenn.
The Duo will perform a feature concert at ClarinetFest 2019, the largest and most prestigious clarinet convention in the world held by the Int’l Clarinet Association.
Held at University of Tennessee/Knoxville, WUOT-FM and UTTV (the university's radio and TV stations) will present programs of additional Duo performances and interviews both during and following the ICA Convention.
• SALON CONCERTS in late spring and early summer will feature “A Dozen Choro Tributes”.
• DIÁLOGOS DUO Fall Concert dates include:
NYC Classical Guitar Society Salon Series/Tenri Institute (November 8)
Premiere of "A Dozen Choro Tributes".
Nyack Library (September 20)
Sacred Heart University Guitar Festival (October 18)
Bronxville Library (Westchester, October 26)
• DUO BRASILEIRO recently performed at these venues:
• BETHPAGE LIBRARY (Long Island)
• ONDERDONK HOUSE (Ridgewood, Bklyn)
• GREAT NECK HOUSE (Long Island)
Visit Duo Brasileiro's newly updated page which features SEVERAL LIVE TRACKS and NEW PHOTOS.
QUARTETO MODERNO has return performances in Westchester at:
• OSSINING LIBRARY Saturday May 11, 200pm
• JAZZ FORUM "Brazilian Sundays" Sunday May 19, Sets at 400 & 600pm
• NEW COMPOSITIONS •
There are three new major original suites for the Duo:
• A DOZEN CHORO TRIBUTES (Uma Dúzia de Choros-Homenagens)
These twelve pieces pay homage Choro composers and musicians spanning 125 years. The first public reading was on April 26 at New School for Performing Arts. The official premiere will be on November 8 presented by the NYC Classical Guitar Society’s Salon Concert Series.
• IMPRESSIONS OF MINAS (Impressões de Minas), also in twelve movements, pays tribute to the unique music and brilliant composers from the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais, including Milton Nascimento, Toninho Horta and Sérgio Santos.
• SÉCULO, a centennial tribute to my father in eight movements. Although the work is primarily Brazilian in nature, the central piece "O Caminho Escuro" (the dark path) is deeply middle-eastern/Balkan in character.
Including these new works, there are now forty-six pieces composed for Diálogos Duo since 2017.
Definitive scores of these new works will become available for sale once final composer revisions are completed.
• PRIVATE STUDY NEWS •
• In addition to in-studio students, my online teaching continues to expand.
The main apps I use are Skype and FaceTime.
For more INFO on DISTANCE LEARNING and PREPAID BLOCK RATE DISCOUNTS see my PRIVATE STUDY PAGE.
Visit the CALENDAR and this BLOG frequently for all the latest composer news and performance details.
Thank you very much for your interest and support.
To join E-MAIL list, visit the CONTACT PAGE.