Welcome /sejam bem-vindos ao BLOG.
For more details on concerts, educational activities and other events: CALENDAR
DIÁLOGOS DUO presented a busy fall concert schedule to celebrate 200 years of Brazilian Independence and Pixinguinha's 125th birthday.
Our final performance of the season occurred at the renown club JAZZ FORUM (Tarrytown, NY).
• View two VIDEO CLIPS at TOP of the page.
Concerts featured repertoire from our CD, CHORO TRIBUTES and movements from the two most recent suites: Sarau para o Pixinguinha and Sambistas Imortais (see below, Compositions).
Diálogos Duo will present a variety of performances, educational residencies and other events. Here's two of them:
Sat. March 11
New Rochelle Public Library
Sun. April 30
Bayside Historical Society (Queens)
"Sarau para o Pixinguinha"
Celebrating Pixinguinha at 125
LIVESTREAM and AUDIOVISUAL Recording
Diálogos Catalog of Works
Our CATALOG of ORIGINAL WORKS is updated and available as a PDF.
All nine suites / 100 movements are listed by title, genre, tribute, tempo, duration. Each suite is prefaced by a brief composer description.
• CHORO TRIBUTES PLAYALONG has been a highly successful resource among individual players and educators with robust clarinet and guitar studios. Available as one ZIP FILE DOWNLOAD, it features panned instrument audio, countoffs, complete scores, composer commentary and user guide.
Visit the DUO HOMEPAGE to order.
READ DIGITAL PLAYALONG REVIEW
International Clarinet Association (ICA)
• "Sarau para o Pixinguinha" is the 9th suite I composed for Diálogos Duo.
Composed in 2022 in 13 movements, this "virtual soirée" celebrates Pixinguinha's 125th birthday. Each legendary "guest" has composed a special piece for the occasion:
Ernesto Nazareth, Anacleto de Medeiros, Patápio Silva, Jacob do Bandolim/Dino Sete Cordas, Garôto, Radamés Gnattali, Paulo Moura, Rafael Rabello, Guinga, Hermeto Pascoal, Yamandu Costa/Renato Borghetti, Hamilton de Holanda.
NEW COMPOSING PROJECTS
• BRAZILIAN CLARINET DUETS (for two clarinets or clarinet + bass clarinet). In additional to new original pieces, these duets will include adaptations of Diálogos Duo and Quarteto Moderno repertoire. Plans are for Louis Arques to record each collection of duets for a PLAYALONG Bundle.
• SOLO BASS CLARINET works traversing contemporary Brazilian, jazz and classical styles.
These pieces can also include Brazilian percussion; versions for SOLO CELLO and BASSOON are under consideration.
For updates on these new compositions and other musical projects, revisit this BLOG and join our Duo E MAIL list.
• Duo Residencies
The Duo is actively booking educational residencies at universities worldwide. Our residencies are presented in three different models: ONSITE, VIRTUAL and HYBRID.
• Private Study
I continue to offer IN-PERSON and ONLINE PRIVATE STUDY in a variety of musical areas.
For TOPICS and info on DISCOUNTED LESSON BLOCKS, visit my PRIVATE STUDY PAGE.
I am excited to announce the release of música criativa, Volume 2.
The BOOK (PDF) includes several articles by distinguished Brazilian music professors from Villa-Lobos Institute (UniRio, Rio de Janeiro) in collaboration with Savassi Festival.
Based on a live Video Roundtable in 2022 (Portuguese), my article (English) discusses compositional processes I used for the Diálogos Duo suite Choro Tributes.
I have made available (for FREE) two PDF versions of música criativa: the complete publication and my article. Visit the CHORO TRIBUTES SAVASSI page.
I also include an ADDENDUM covering the eight compositional phases in more depth.
• "Maestro Duda" Clarinet Quartet
Sopros de Pernambuco
My work for the quartet, "Maestro Duda" is a contrapuntal frevo dedicated to legendary composer Duda (José Ursicino da Silva) celebrating his 85th birthday. The score was hand-delivered to Duda by members of Sopros de PE (see picture).
Listen to their RECORDING of the piece below!