WELCOME to the BLOG.
For complete details on concerts, workshops and other events, visit the CALENDAR.
• PERFORMANCE NEWS •
• International Clarinet Association (ICA) 2019 Convention, July 24, Knoxville, Tenn.
The Duo will perform a feature concert at ClarinetFest 2019, the largest and most prestigious annual clarinet convention in the world by the Int’l Clarinet Association.
Held at University of Tennessee/Knoxville, the Duo will also appear on WUOT-FM for a streamed performance/interview the morning of their July 24 concert. They will also do a TV Shoot for the UTTV show "Studio 865", which will include performance and interview segments. The show will air in early fall.
VISIT the DUO's OFFICIAL ICA PAGE.
• World-reknown Italian clarinetist ALESSANDRO CARBONARE recently performed four Richard Boukas/Diálogos Duo works in Milan. The all-Brazilian program also included works by Villa-Lobos, Baden Powell and Sérgio Assad.
This is the European premiere of my compositions for Diálogos Duo. SEE PROGRAM
• SALON CONCERTS for private audiences are being presented this summer. They will showcase “A Dozen Choro Tributes”.
• Diálogos Duo presented their first public reading of "A Dozen Choro Tributes" at New School for Performing Arts. Clips are on this site and social media (Youtube, Instagram).
• DIÁLOGOS DUO Fall Concerts:
NYC Classical Guitar Society
Tenri Institute (11/8)
Premiere of "A Dozen Choro Tributes"
Nyack Library (9/20)
Sacred Heart Univ. Guitar Festival (10/18)
Bronxville Library (10/26)
• NEW COMPOSITIONS •
• I recently composed a brief suite, "Three Choros for Bass Clarinet and Guitar".
These pieces will complete our forthcoming second CD, "Diálogos Duo Plays Choro".
The featured work will be "A Dozen Choro Tributes" (see premiere info above).
• I have just begun preliminary sketches for the next Diálogos Duo suite:
"Cantos do Nordeste", featuring the music from Brazil's rich Northeast.
The suite is projected to consist of twelve to fifteen movements, and be completed by early fall.
As with all previous suites, each movement will be a tribute to an illustrious Brazilian composer/musician.
There are now fifty pieces composed for Diálogos Duo since our founding in fall 2016.
Definitive scores for these new works will become available for sale once final revisions are completed.
• PRIVATE STUDY NEWS •
• In addition to in-studio students, my online teaching continues to expand.
The main apps I use are Skype and FaceTime.
For more INFO on DISTANCE LEARNING and PREPAID BLOCK RATE DISCOUNTS see my PRIVATE STUDY PAGE.
Visit the CALENDAR and this BLOG frequently for all the latest composer news and performance details.
Thank you very much for your interest and support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
To join E-MAIL list, visit the CONTACT PAGE.