Welcome to the PROJECTS PAGE.
Each subpage (dropdowns of this main page) represents a major Brazilian music project I produced apart from my current ENSEMBLES.
Some projects are previous DUO collaborations, including recordings and live performances.
Other projects are Brazilian repertoire programs I produced at The New School for Performing Arts (Jazz School and Mannes) where I have been faculty for thirty-three years.
These include programs by my Brazilian Choro Ensemble, Brazilian Jazz Ensemble and collaborations with Mannes.
Also featured is the QUEENS COLLEGE YEAR OF BRAZIL, which featured a variety of concerts including my choral arrangements for the Queens College Vocal Ensemble under the direction of James John.
I invite you to explore these diverse projects representing my own compositions and works of illustrious Brazilian masters.
For access to each project:
– CLICK on each hyperlink below or corresponding PHOTO
– use the pull-down menu under PROJECTS
New School Choro Ensemble
• SEMPRE JACOB - Jacob do Bandolim Centennial
• PIXINGUINHA and CONTEMPORARIES
• ERNESTO NAZARETH 150 YEARS
Brazilian Jazz Ensemble
• VIVA HERMETO! - Hermeto Pascoal 80th Birthday
• Spring Woodwinds & Guitars (Mannes collaboration)
• QUEENS COLLEGE YEAR of BRAZIL
• Boukas-Santos Neto Duo (pianist Jovino Santos Neto)
• Novosel-Boukas Duo (Croatian tambura virtuoso Filip Novosel)
• Boukas-Fuller Duo (bassist Jeff Fuller)
• Law-Boukas Duo (cellist Wendy Law)