"Best Brazilian Jazz Guitarist in U.S."
Guitar One Magazine
New School University faculty
College of Performing Arts
Jazz and Brazilian Music
University Distinguished Teaching Award
LaBella Strings endorsing artist
"Very few musicians today can be so adept at the arts of composition, arrangement and performance of a musical language that they were not born into. Richard Boukas is one of these rare individuals, and I heartily recommend his work in all its multiple forms. He definitely has captured the soul of Brazilian music in his heart."
Jovino Santos Neto
Professor of Music
Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle WA
three-time Grammy nominee
”It is very rare to find an American musician who embraces our music and culture with such passion and authenticity. Richard Boukas is one of these exceptional artists. His diverse talents as a guitarist, composer, vocalist and educator lend him an artistic passport into almost any musical situation.”
– DIÁLOGOS DUO
• New York City Classical Guitar Society Concert November 8
World premiere of "A Dozen Choro Tributes"
SEE VIDEO PREVIEWS ON THE RIGHT
• World-famous Italian clarinet virtuoso Alessandro Carbonare recently performed four Diálogos Duo pieces in Saronno (Milan) in an all-Brazilian program. Other composers included Villa-Lobos, Sérgio Assad and Baden Powell. SEE PROGRAM
• CD Review in THE CLARINET
(International Clarinet Association)
READ IN BLOG
• RIFFTIDES BLOG feature by Doug Ramsey
• UTTV / Knoxville TN Show "Studio 865"
See VIDEO CLIPS on RIGHT &
– RICHARD BOUKAS
New quartet composition for "Sopros de PE", Pernambuco
• The acclaimed Brazilian clarinet quartet commissioned the new work, "Embolada" which is ten minutes in length. Boukas met the ensemble at the recent ClarinetFest where Diálogos Duo were featured performers.
– QUARTETO MODERNO CD REVIEW
in All About Jazz
"Their performances are uniformly high spirited and totally captivating– just the sensation of total honesty" - Mark Holston